It is known to everybody living in this society as has also been mentioned in the pages of history about the epidemics which came after time to time and really, which everytime acts as a evil for the people living in society.
On the contrary we also know that the real society is the one which is free from any kind of problem. And we also know this fact that if proper prevention measures are taken, it can be cured upto some extent or a great extent. Basically, the problem may be of any type, but here we are talking about the Dengue Outbreak which has shown heart-rendering effects in many parts of the country.
With 1,259 cases reported so far, Delhi topped the list of cities with the most cases.
However, Arunachal’s East Siang Of district with 1,618 cases was the district with highest number of cases, followed by Chittor in Andhra Pradesh with 761 cases, Thiruvanathapuram 602 cases and Kasargod 443 cases.
Among cities, Bengaluru reported 1,139 cases. Greater Mumbai reported 306 cases and Kolkata saw 187 cases.
Cause of Dengue:
Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus. The mosquito becomes infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood. It can’t be spread directly from one person to another.
Preventive measures to keep dengue at a bay:
- Turn over empty pails and buckets, so that they do not collect excess water. If the container that contains that water can’t be emptied, then cover it when not in use.
- Clean out empty flower pots and not to over water potted plants.
- Apply mosquito repellents on all exposed areas, during the day as well as night both and that too regularly.
- Make sure your window and door screens do not have any holes. If so, block those areas properly to eliminate mosquito.
- If someone at home is ill with the same disease, try to not let the mosquitoes bite them or others in the house.
- Always sleep under a mosquito bed both day and night.
- Medicinal plant such as ‘Tulsi’ can also be planted near our window because it has the properties which do not allow mosquitoes to breed there.
- Remember to empty or clean out the tray of cooler regularly, even when not in use.
- Always cover the trash can or the dustbins when not in use.
- Wear long pants and long sleeves clothes in daytime atleast.
- Use camphor as a repellent in a room which by creating a mosquito-free environment helps to prevent dengue upto a great extent.
There is currently no vaccination available for dengue fever. There is a vaccine undergoing clinical trials, but it is too early to tell if it will be safe or effective.