Signs are everywhere…
The planet is warming, from north to south pole, and everywhere in between. Effects of rising temperature (0.8 degree Celsius) aren’t waiting for some far – flung future. They are happening right now. Signs are appearing all over. Some of them are surprising. The heat is not only melting glaciers and sea ice, it’s also shifting precipitation patterns and setting animals on the move.
- Ice is melting worldwide, especially at the earth’s poles.this includes mountain glaciers ice sheets covering west Antarctica and Greenland and arctic sea.
- Penguins on Antarctica are declined from 32000 breeding pairs to 11000 in 30 years.
- Precipitation (rain and snowfall) has increased across the globe.
- Hurricanes and other storms are likely to become stronger.
- Floods and drought will become more common.
- Some diseases will spread such as malaria carried by mosquitoes.