Amazing Scientific Facts:
1. A duck’s quack doesn’t echo and no one knows why.
2. Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
3. A snail can sleep for three years.
4. A soccer ball is made up of 32 Leather panels,held together by 642 Stitches.
5. The first Electronic mail or “email” was sent in 1972 by Ray Tomlinson. It was also his idea to use the @ sign to separate the names of the user from the computer.
6. The Largest iceberg ever recorded was 335 km (208 miles) Long and 97 km (60 Miles) Wide.
7. The Sun is 330,330 times Larger than the earth.
8. The Sahara Desert expands at about 1 Km per month.
9. The Ozone layer averages about 3 millimeters (1/8 inch ) thick.
10. About 500 small meteorites fall to earth every year but most fall in the sea and in non-populated areas.
11. Oceanography, the study of Oceans, is a mixture of biology, physics, geology and chemistry.
12. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
13. The Microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
14. Breathing the air in Mumbai for just one day, is equivalent to smoking 2.5 packs of cigarettes.
15. The name jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the “General purpose” Vehicle, G.P.
16. Almonds are the member of the peach family.
17. If NASA sends bird into space, they would soon die, because they actually need gravity to swallow.
18. Penguins can jump as high as 6 feet in the air.