“Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself” – Plutarch
Education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge, skills, values, benefits and habits are transformed from one generation to the next. And as Rabindranath Tagore said: “The highest education is that which does not merely give us information, but makes our life in harmony with all existence.” Education gives knowledge and knowledge is power. Therefore, it is the foremost responsibility of the society to educate its citizens.
An educated person gets better opportunities in life. It plays an important part in shaping an individual career and makes it easier for him to be successful and realize his dreams as compare to someone who is uneducated. The main idea behind assisting scientist to invent devices & equipment’s are a result of good education.
J. Krishnamurti said that “Right education should help the student to not only develop his capabilities, but to also understand his higher interests.” In other words to make the person complete. Education makes the person a right thinker and correct decision maker. The key benefits of education are:
- It is the solution to many problems.
- It helps the person to overcome superstitions.
- It helps to discover new things.
- It helps to create healthy surroundings and provide health care.
- It helps in eradication of poverty.
- It helps in making a person aware of his fundamental rights.
- It helps a person to differentiate between right and wrong or good from evil.
- It gives economic growth and helps in earning money and leading a happy stable life.
In nutshell, Education is the backbone of one’s life.