In this era of competition, everybody wants to be employed in order to be called as intelligent and successful in their respective lives. They want to make their parents feel proud of themselves. Due to which some of them come to join the private sector but on the other hand, some prefer government sector and thus join it willingly. So making a correct opinion regarding this issue and to decide its pros and cons, one must know the exact definitions of both these sectors.
Basically in economic terms, the private sector is defined as any company or a person who has a business that is not run by the govt. The public sector on the other side is an organization that is operated by the government. So here are the advantages and disadvantages of the private and the government sectors:
- In govt. Sector, getting a job security and more benefits are there than private sector.
- It has a tradition of employees remaining for a longer period, even today we will find employees who have worked in steel plants for more than 30 years..
- It is like a shelter in rainy days.
- Govt. controls and runs everything, therefore individuals are only obliged to give opinions about working matters and only wait for a change or solution.
- The condition of Govt. Hospitals is not so good and clean. Even sometimes due to the delay of the treatment of patients, some lost their precious lives.
- Nowadays the technique and proper way of teaching in Govt. Schools is also not sufficient and progressive for the children as compared to private schools.
- In Govt. Job, the talent or integrity of a person is never appreciated. Any other guy can prosper by hook or crook.
- This sector is better because people here have more responsibilities and good working environment.
- Here we get the growth in a very short period of time and there is no limit of earning or salary.
- The maintenance of hospitals and the treatment of patients are much better, and with more surgical instruments.
- Private sector is more stressful than the govt. Sector. There are tough deadlines to meet and also longer working hours and odd working shifts.
- You have to face cut-throat competition in the private sector, i.e. you have to put yourself constantly on your toes in order to keep your work up to date.
Well according to my opinion, private sector is better because it gives the value of your performance and in case of a govt. sector, whether you perform very well or not, it remains static as it is. Last but not the least, the basic reason for my personal liking this sector is that it has the challenges and scope for improvement. Finally I want to say that this argument will have no end. It’s like the person moving in a dead sea. It totally depends upon one’s thinking or the capability of managing the each sector.
But still there are some people who are ready to bend their backs and change with times in terms of knowledge and skills sets, nothing and no one can stop them from achieving the desired heights or the success in your life.